Department of Economics
Contributing Faculty Members
Dr. Yousif K. Al-Yousif
Dr. Abdul-razaq Faris Al-Faris
Dr. Khalifa Ali
Dr. Mahmoud Al Iriani
Dr. Fatima Al-Shamsi
Dr. Nasri Harb
Dr. Junaid Khawaja
Dr. Mohamed El-Rimathi
Dr. Wasseem Mina
Dr. Achmad Widjaja
Dr. Fernando Zanella
1. 1. Al-Iriani, Mahmoud. “Economic Developments in Yemen, 2004-2005”. In: Gulf Economic Report, Sept., 2005.
2. Al-Iriani, Mahmoud. “Economic Developments in Yemen, 2003-2004” In: Gulf Economic Report, Sept. 2004.
3. El-Shaarawi, A., “International Trade and International Economic Organization”. In “ Global Issues, UAEU, Augast 2004.
1. Al-Yousif, K.Y. “Corruption: The Case of the UAE” in Corruption and Good Governance in Arab Countries” published jointly be the Center for Arab Unity Studies(Beirut) and the Swedish Institute in Alexandria( Egypt), December , 2004: 577-607.
2. Al-Yousif, K.Y " Globalization and the GCC economies " published in the Arab Future Book Series , No. 33 , 2004 , p.p: 75-98. Centre for Arab Unity Studies, Beirut, Lebanon (Arabic).
3. Al-Yousif, K.Y " Globalization and the Oil Economies " published in the Middle East Economic Association Online Journal , Vol.6, September , 2004 .(http://www.sba.luc.edu/orgs/meea//.
4. Al-Yousif, K.Y " Is the Oil Sector a Motive for Development or an Obstacle : The GCC States Experience " , Journal of the Social Sciences, Vol.32 , No.1, 2004 : 9-30.
5. Al-Yousif, K.Y “ Monetary Dynamics of Inflation: Some Evidence for A Small Open Economy”,(Co-authored) Savings and Development, No.3 , 2003 .: 259-279
6. Al-Yousif, K.Y “ Corruption and Development : An Islamic Perspective “ , Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Islamic Economics and Finance , 7th-9th October 2003 (Volume II)- Kingdom of Bahrain.
7. Al-Yousif, K.Y “ Political Participation and Economic Development : the case of the GCC countries” Al-Mustaqbal Al-Arabi , 290 , 2003, 122-134.(In Arabic).
8. Al-Iriani, Mahmoud. ‘’Climate-Related Electricity Demand Side Management In Oil-Exporting Countries: The case of the United Arab Emirates’’, Energy Policy, Vol 33/18 pp 2350-2360, 2005.
9. K Hassanain, Panel South African journal of economics Vol.72:2. June 2004.
10. K Hassanain, Purchasing Power Parity and The Base Currency effect A reexamination' The Journal of American Academy of Business, Cambridge, Vol. 4, Num. 1, March 2004.
11. K Hassanain, Purchasing power parity Further Evidence, and Implications, Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, Vol 2, Issue 1, 2004.
12. K Hassanain, Price convergence and the GCC monetary union. The fifth-Annual Research Conference at University April 2004 Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
13. K Hassanain, Price convergence and the GCC monetary union. Journal of international Business and Economics Vol.1 PP 12-19 Nov 2004.
14. K Hassanain, Real Exchange Rate Stationarity in Developing Countries and The Black Market Exchange rate Empirical Economics (accepted)2005
15. K Hassanain, Real Exchange Rate Stationarity in Developing Countries, A new Panel Test' Journal of Academy of Business and Economics. Vol.I, no 2, 2003-76-81.
16. Harb, N, and El-Shaarawi, A., “ Factors Affecting UAEU Students Performance. “ Proceeding of the UAEU Annual Research Conference, April, 2005
17. El-Shaarawi, A., “Voluntary Exports Restraints and the Question of Quality Improvement.” Proceedings of the EconMod2004 International Conference on Policy Modeling, Paris, France, June 30-July 2, 2004.
18. El-Shaarawi, A., "The UAE Economy," in "The UAE Society," UAEU, August 2003.
19. El-Shaarawi, A., and Chang, M., "Voluntary export Restraints and Structural Change in Demand for Automobiles in the U.S." Proceedings of Global Business and Technology Association International Conference, Budapest, Hungary, July 8-12, 2003.
20. Harb, N., Money Demand Function: A Heterogeneous Panel Application, (2004) Applied Economic Letters, Vol. 11,No 9, PP. 551-555.
21. ZANELLA, F. C., EKELUND, R., LABAND, D. Monarchy, Monopoly and Mercantilism: Brazil Versus the United States in the 1800s. Public Choice. Kluwer: N.Y.; v.116, n.3-4, p.381 - 398, 2003. (www.kluweronline.com/issn/0048-5829/contents).
22. Mina, Wasseem, Rule of Law, Contract Enforcement, and the Level and Maturity of International Lending. Andrew Young School of Policy Studies Summer Interns Seminar Series Atlanta, GA 2002/2003.
23. Junaid Khawaja, Marginal Opportunity Cost Pricing for Sustainable Municipal Water Supply. 2002/2003.
24. Junaid Khawaja, Micro Foundations of Macroeconomics : An Empirical Evidence 2003/2004.
1. Al-Yousif, K.Y. " Industrial Policy , Development , and the WTO" presented at the International Seminar on " Macroeconomic from an Islamic Perspective: Theory and Contemporary Issues" Organized by the International Islamic University of Malaysia , and the Islamic Research and Training Institute (Islamic Development Bank, Jeddah) and held in Kuala Lumpur during 22-24 , September , 2004.
2. Al-Yousif, K.Y " Corruption and Good Governance: the case of the UAE" presented at the conference entitled " Corruption and Good Governance in Arab Countries " organized jointly by the Swedish Center in Alexandria , Egypt and the Center of Arab Unity Studies and held in Beirut , Lebanon during September 19-23, 2004 .
3. Al-Yousif, K.Y " Globalization and the Oil Economies " presented at the AEA/MEEA Annual Meeting which was held at San Diego , California , January 3-5, 2004.
4. Al-Yousif, K.Y " The GCC , the WTO , and Development " presented at the " Legal and Economic Aspects of the World Trade Organization" conference held in Dubai , United Arab Emirates , 9-11 may , 2004
5. Al-Yousif, K.Y “ Corruption and Development : An Islamic Perspective” presented at the Fifth International Conference on Islamic Economics and Finance” which was held between 7th and 9th October 2003 in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
6. Al-Yousif, K.Y * Presented a paper entitled " The GCC , the WTO , and Development " at the " Legal and Economic Aspects of the World Trade Organization" conference held in Dubai , United Arab Emirates , 9-11 may , 2004
7. Al-Yousif, K.Y. * Presented a paper on “ the Role of Endowment in Economic Development” in the Seminar on “ Endowment in the GCC Economies “ organized jointly by the Islamic Development bank and the Administrations of Endowment in both Kuwait and Qatar which took place at Doha , Qatar , 14-16 December 2003 .
8. K Hassanain Monetary Control in the UAE, The International Business & Economics Research Conference 2002 Las Vegas Nevada, USA, October 7 - 11, 2002. Proceedings CD, article # 256.
9. K Hassanain 'PPP and Cross Correlations' The forth-Annual Research Conference at University April – May 2003 Al Ain, United Arab Emirates. Proceedings collage of business & Economics CBE-22-24
10. K Hassanain Real Exchange Rate Stationarity in Developing Countries and The Black Market Exchange rate, A new Panel Test, International Trade and Finance Association. May 28-31, 2003, Vassa, Finland.
11. Al-Iriani, Mahmoud. UAE University: Best Research Award for the academic year 2002/2003, College of Business and Economics.
12. Al-Shamsi, F. Discussant to the paper “Globalization as Economic Phenomenon: A Critical Interpretation” by Tim Niblock, presented to the conference Globalization and the Gulf” organized by the American University of Sharjah and the Sociological Association of the UAE, January 26, 2003.
13. Al-Shamsi, F. “Income Diversification and Economic Integration in the GCC countries” Second Annual Conference of the UAE Economics and Business Association on The UAE Economy : Challenges and Opportunities. Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce, October 2003.
14. Al-Shamsi, F. “The UAE Economy: Prospect and Challenges” hantot Center Annual Conference on Economic Development and Growth of the UAE Economy. Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce February 2004.
15. Al-Shamsi, F. "The performance of the Economy GCC countries During 2004", The Second Gulf Research Center (GRC) Annual Conference, January 2005.
16. Al-Shamsi, F. "Measuring the Efficiencies of the UAE Banking System" to presented to the UAEU fifth annual conference on scientific research 24-26 April 2004
17. Harb, N., How are Arabic Countries affected by the value of the Euro?. Economics: Opportunities an Threats Ammar Telidji Univ. Algier18-20/4/2005.
18. Harb, N., “Would Devaluation Boost Lebanese Exports”, International Conference in Economics& Finance 2005 Malaysia,26-27/5/2005.
19. Al-Shaarawi,A., Factors Affecting UAEU Students Performance, The 2005 European Applied Business Research Conference Island of Santorini, 20-22/6/2005.
20. El-Shaarawi, A., and Chang, M., "Voluntary export Restraints and Structural Change in Demand for Automobiles in the U.S." Proceedings of Global Business and Technology Association International Conference, Budapest, Hungary, July 8-12, 2003.
21. EL-Shaarawi, Ahmed, Featherstone, A., and Brorsen, W. (2002), "Efficiency in the Oklahoma Public Secondary School System," The International Journal of Applied Human Resource Management, 3(1):16-27.
22. Mina, Wasseem, Contract Enforcement, Institutional Stability, and the Level and Maturity of International Lending. Global Development Network, Cairo, January, 2003.
23. Mina, Wasseem, IMF Lending, Maturity of international Lending and Moral Hazard. Evidence from MENA, Allied Social Science Meetings, Washington DC.
PAGE PAMERAN PERMATA - Telp: 081375552554 Email: email@example.com
1 minggu yang lalu