Adopted in Jeddah, 4 March 1972. The original language is Arabic. Available at www.oic-oci.org
Convinced that their common belief constitutes a strong factor for rapprochement and solidarity among Islamic people;
Resolved to preserve Islamic spiritual, ethical, social and economic values, which will remain one of the important factors of achieving progress for mankind;
Reaffirming their commitment to the United Nations Charter and fundamental human rights, the purposes and principles of which provide the basis for fruitful cooperation among all people;
Determined to consolidate the bonds of the prevailing brotherly and spiritual friendship among their people, and to protect their freedom, and the common legacy of their civilisation resting particularly on the principles of justice, tolerance and non-discrimination;
In their endeavour to enhance human well-being, progress and freedom everywhere and resolved to unite their efforts in order to secure universal peace which ensures security, freedom and justice for their people and all people throughout the world;
Approves the present Charter of the Islamic Conference.
Article I: The Islamic Conference
The member states do hereby establish the Organization of The Islamic Conference.
Article II: Objectives and Principles
The objectives of the Islamic Conference shall be
• to promote Islamic solidarity among member states;
• to consolidate cooperation among member states in economic, social, cultural, scientific and other vital fields of activities, and to carry out consultations among member states in international organisations;
• to endeavour to eliminate racial segregation, discrimination and to eradicate colonialism in all its forms;
• to take necessary measures to support international peace and security founded on justice;
• to coordinate efforts for the safeguarding of the Holy Places and support of the struggle of the people of Palestine, to help them regain their rights and liberate their land;
• to back the struggle of all Muslim people with a view to preserving their dignity, independence and national rights;
• to create a suitable atmosphere for the promotion of cooperation and understanding among member states and other countries.
The member states decide and undertake that, in order to realise the objectives mentioned in the previous paragraph, they shall be inspired and guided by the following principles:
• total equality between member states;
• respect of the right of self-determination, and non-interference in the domestic affairs of member states;
• respect for the sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity of each member state;
• settlement of any conflict that may arise by peaceful means such as negotiation, mediation, reconciliation or arbitration;
• abstention from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity, national unity or political independence of any member states.
MERAIH REZEKI LEWAT INFAQ & SEDEKAH DENGAN IKHLAS DAN JUJUR - MERAIH REZEKI LEWAT INFAQ & SEDEKAH DENGAN IKHLAS DAN JUJUR HALAL “Tidak akan berkurang harta yang disedekahkan ……… Kecuali ia bertambah …… bertambah ……. “...
5 tahun yang lalu